April 11, 2010

French Strawberry & Blackberry dessert crepes

After watching Julie&Julia, I became a little inspired to cook. So I used Julia's recipe for French Crepes and my own recipe for Strawberry & Blackberry baileys sauce.

For a few summers in high school, I used to work at this little French Creperie in Kennebunkport. The Creperie, Oo La La, was owned by this fantasically eccentric woman named Rocky- who I'm still not sure if that was her real name. It has been years since it went out of business but the Crepes were amazing.

It's been a while so I set off to make some of my own.

Here's how to make these:
Step 1: Make a really messy kitchen.

Julia's French Crepe batter:
Ingredients
2/3 cup cold water
2/3 cup cold milk
3 eggs
½ tsp salt
1 cup flour (scooped and leveled)
3 tablespoons melted butter


Blend and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
Brush melted butter on skillet on medium heat. Pour 1/3 cup of Crepe batter on hot skillet. Flip like a pancake.



Lola's Strawberry~Blackberry Liquor Crepe filling

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of crushed strawberries and blackberries
3 tablespoons (maybe a little more?) of Bailey's Irish Cream   
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar

Mix all ingredients together. That's it.



See photos below to see how to put these things together.
Use cream, powdered sugar and cinnamon to garnish.

No comments: