August 3, 2011

Penguin LOVE

True story:
When I was younger, I used to visit my grandmother in DC in the summer for a few weeks. We would always go to the zoo and one time, I got a stuffed penguin from the gift shop which I affectionately named Iceberg. I've had this penguin for MANY years, all through childhood, and even dragged him along to college where he kindly never judged my actions. We all have that stuffed animal or what have you that has seen more birthdays that Fred Willard's Smuckers jars.

A few weeks back, my roommate was in DC for uber important stuff and got me a stuffed baby penguin at the gift shop. It's one of the sweetest things I've ever received and so ironic that both penguins are from the same place. I named him Ice-cube.

So here's to the adults out there with a stuffed animal still gracing their bed. And to sweet roommates.

Iceberg and Ice-cube

No comments: