July 30, 2012

Beachy Cupcakes: lemon blueberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and Swedish fish.


Super easy to make: Lemon cake mix and 1 cup of blueberries for the cake part. One of these days I won't be lazy and make my own cake. But for now, my main man Duncan Hines will do.

Frosting: 2 8oz packages of cream cheese, 3/4 cup of butter softened, 4 cups of confectionary sugar, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, 1 Meyer lemon squeezed, 1 tablespoon of water and a few drops of blue food coloring. Mix like crazy!

After frosting the cupcakes I attempted to make waves with a little darker blue icing. Icing is pretty easy to make and should certainly always have booze in it. I made mine with 1 cup confectionary sugar, a few teaspoons of melted butter and rum until it looked like icing. Few drops of blue food coloring and now you got waves.

Decorate with some Swedish fish and umbrellas and you're good to go.

Lesson learned: Drink umbrellas are very useful. 

No comments: